What is Framaclic?
Framaclic is an instance of the free/libre software Dolomon.
What Dolomon means?
It means DOwnLOad MONitor.
What does it do?
Dolomon tracks how many times a link was clicked on.
This means that it can tell you how many times a file was downloaded (it was designed for that purpose). But you can also use it to track visits on a page.
How does it works?
It's quite simple:
- You add an URL in Dolomon (it's called a dolo in Dolomon)
- Dolomon gives you an other URL like https://framaclic.org/h/foo (but you can choose the URL as long as it's not already taken)
- You use the Dolomon URL instead of the target URL in your web site, your flyers, your social networks…
- When people use that URL, Dolomon redirects them to the target URL and creates a job to increment the counters
- Visitors are on the target URL
- Dolomon treats the jobs without impacting the redirection performances
To track visits on a page, create a dolo pointing to a small transparent image (Dolomon has a helper to do that) and insert the resulting URL as an image in your page.
You can interact with a Dolomon server from Wordpress with the plugin WP-Dolomon.
Create an application in Dolomon to get credentials to use in WP-Dolomon.
What kind of data does Dolomon keep?
Dolomon increments counters at each visit. The counters are just numbers: no IP address is kept.
Dolomon also keeps the Referer header and the date and time of the visit for 3 days.
How can I opt-out Dolomon?
You can't, sorry. But don't worry, Dolomon's statistics are really anonymous.
A cookie is set for 180 seconds for each dolo you visit, to prevent counting consecutive visits from the same person, unless you activated the Do-Not-Track header on your browser.
How do I contact the administrator of this instance?
Please, send a message on https://contact.framasoft.org.
Dolomon is licensed under the terms of the GNU AGPLv3, see the LICENSE file.
The code of Dolomon is on https://framagit.org/luc/dolomon.
Luc Didry, aka Sky (https://fiat-tux.fr)
Make a donation to the author
The Dolomon mascot is called Zag. It has been initially designed by Renê Gustavo Miszczak under the name of Red Oso, have been proposed by Cyrille Largillier, is in Public Domain and has been slightly modified for Dolomon.